Have you been looking for a TD assessment DVD (AIMS/DISCUS) for training? College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacists (CPNP) has a new DVD:
“We are pleased to announce the launch of an instructional DVD on “Drug-Induced Movement Disorders: A Clinical Guide to Rating Scales” by the College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacists (CPNP).
This DVD features examinations of patients who display varying severities of movement disorders with the goal of demonstrating proper scale administration technique and consistent rating of movement severity. Featured rating scales include the more commonly utilized movement disorder rating scales as follows:
1. Abnormal Involuntary Movement Scale (AIMS) to detect drug-induced tardive dyskinesia (TD).
2. Dyskinesia Identification System: Condensed User Scale (DISCUS) to detect drug-induced tardive dyskinesia (TD).
3. Modified Simpson-Angus Scale (MSAS) to measure drug-induced parkinsonism and other extrapyramidal system side effects (EPS).
4. Barnes Akathisia Rating Scale (BARS) to detect and monitor drug-induced akathisia.
This comprehensive DVD is viewable on your computer and DVD player and provides:
1. An introduction regarding the whys behind assessing and monitoring for movement disorders by Dr. John Kane.
2. Instructional examinations for the AIMS, DISCUS, MSAS and BARS.
3. The opportunity to score a practice case with instructor feedback for the AIMS and DISCUS.
4. Commentary and clinical pearls from experienced instructors as you observe them administering and scoring drug-induced movement disorders.
You can learn more about this DVD and/or purchase your DVD online at the member rate of $250 or non-member rate of $350. Pricing for streaming and additional licenses must be requested from CPNP at firstname.lastname@example.org.” Reference: www.cpnp.org/DVD